What is Microfiber?
The term, microfiber/micro-fiber/micro fiber, is frequently used to describe a number of different types of materials. Are they all created the same? No. From the weave to the edging, microfiber takes on many different characteristics and forms. The following paragraphs and illustrations are for education purposes only. Making you more knowledgeable about what microfiber is and what it does will make you a better consumer. Education is power!
Microfiber = ultra-fine yarns. Comparatively, it is two times finer than silk and 30 times finer than cotton and 100 times finer than a human hair! Also, it is 1/100 (0.1-0.3 denier) that of a human hair and its special wedge shaped fibers lead to the excellent absorbent and draining power.
Microfiber is a man-made yarn that combines two basic fibers: The primary component is polyester and the other component is polyamide (nylon). These two polymers are used during the spinning process and are initially melted in a machine called an extruder, and then they are combined together. However, since they are completely two different materials and do not tend to combine together very well, the nylon component moves to the outside of the fiber with the polyester component forming the core of the fiber.
How does it work?
If you have a chance to look at a cross section of the fiber, you will find the polyester core is solid with many lobes extending outside. Between these lobes there is a single strand of polyamide fiber nestled in them. The nylon also has many small continuous fibers and is located between two polyester lobes.
These oil and water-attracting polymer fibers are woven into masses of tiny loops. These loops form hook-like claws that act as scrubbers, lifting away dirt particles and trapping them within the weave. This is where these towels get their scratch free reputation.
Simply wet the towel with clean water and wring as dry as possible. Never use any type of FABRIC SOFTENER!! These are lint free cloths. It is best to wash microfiber cloths with non-linting items. It is machine washable, resists wrinkles and is water repellent. You can wash it with any soap or detergent. We recommend mild detergents, or a Microfiber restorer. They can be dried naturally or put in any dryer. But make sure to dry it at temperatures below 235 degrees F.
How are Towel Pros Products Different?
- Towel Pros microfiber include looped microfiber that enable high absorption and easy cleaning. Environment-friendly usage eliminates the need for chemical cleaning agents and paper towel consumption.
- Towel Pros microfiber towels are not treated with any chemicals. They provide excellent cleaning performance to effectively remove stubborn soils and oily residue.
- Compare our microfiber products with those of other manufacturers. Absolutely, you will find how much softer our towels feel! Also, take note of the larger terry loops that we use. These larger loops will allow for more fabric to come into contact with the surface than other terry microfiber cloths.
- Bath cleaning: Mirror/glass/fixture
- Household cleaning: Furniture/windows/door/floor board/counter tops/spills
- Equipment cleaning: Electronics and computer/music instruments/television
- Kitchen cleaning: Dry dishes/clean table/clean refrigerators, stainless steel/appliance / clean sinks
- Automotive detail cleaning( inside and outside)/motorcycles cleaning
- Lens cleaning/CD cleaning/ceramic cleaning/golf clubs, toys.